- Question : what is Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : Afkaaruna Islamic School is an education institution under the leadership of Abdul Djalil Sibaweh foundation trying to synergize three pillars: Islami, International-mindedness and local values. Emphasizing those pillars, this madrasa gives positive stimulation through creative and child – friendly learning activities. Its goal is to pursue children to be able to grow their curiosity (muhibbul ilmi) with a dynamic and innovative approach. Thus, students will be able to internalize Islamic tenet life and be ready to become global citizen who have great nationality and locality (respect local culture).
- Question : what are the education’s level available in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : Afkaaruna Islamic School has 4 units, they are:
- Primary ( Madrasah Ibtidaiyah)
- Kindergarten (Raudhatul Athfal)
- Preschool (PAUD)
- Nursery (childcare)
- Question : Where is the location of Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : Afkaaruna Islamic School is located in Jalan Kaliurang km 12.5, Pelem, Penen RT 004 RW 024 Harjobinangun, Pakem, Sleman, Yogyakarta
- Question : what kind of curriculum applied in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : the curriculum used in Afkaaruna Islamic School is stated as below:
Level International curriculum National curriculum Afkaaruna curriculum Primary Cambridge 2013 curriculum Afkaaruna Learning Pack [ALP] English and al-Dirasah al-Islamiyah Kindergarten International Primary Curriculum (IPC) 2013 curriculum Afkaaruna Learning Pack [ALP] English and al-Dirasah al-Islamiyah Preschool Montessori 2013 curriculum Afkaaruna Learning Pack [ALP] English and al-Dirasah al-Islamiyah
- Question : what are the characters’ building programs available in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
- Newsday: students are required to bring anything from home for them to show in front of their friends. They can also make their own creative things, or share experience. This activity aims to emerge their confidence and the ability to speak in front of public.
- Saving day : students are required to bring a sum of money and save it in “Afkaa Sejahtera Bersama” cooperation. This activity is conducted every Thursday.
- Infaq day: students are requested to bring some money for infaq (Islamic term for giving a sum of money to poor people) in order to foster their empathy towards others. This activity is held every Friday.
- Environment day : this once in a week activity is specifically design to improve their awareness towards environment and loving nature.
- Culture day: It is conducted every once in a month in which students are required to wear Javanese traditional costume. (every Kamis Pahing )
- Craft entrepreneurship
- Question : Is there any extracurricular activity in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : In our madrasa, we do not have extracurricular activity, but we do have CCA (Co-Curricular Activities) which has the same function as extracurricular activity. This activity is categorized based on the level of education:
- Primary : Art project (crafting, painting, drawing, calligraphy), Islamic art (hadrah and shalawat), sport (pencak silat), scouting, and research projects. Those activities are a compulsory for the student.
- Kindergarten: Fun English, Fun Science, Dancing, Colouring, Singing, and Swimming.
- Question : How many students are in a classroom?
- Primary : 25 – 28 students for each class
- Kindergarten : Kindergarten A is available for 40 students which are divided into two classes and assisted by two educators each class. The same goes for Kindergarten B.
- Preschool : the quota for pre-schoolers is 14 students assisted by two educators and Toddler is available for 10 students and assisted by two educators as well.
- Question : How is the learning process in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
- Primary : the learning process starts at 7.00 a.m. The activities are as follow: students kick their day by having salat dhuha, sorogan, and Hifdzul Qur’an. After that, they would have their first snack time (provided by madrasa) and continued with the learning activity. At mid-noon they will have their lunch (provided by madrasa) and salat Dzuhur. Then, it would be resumed with learning activity and CCA. The learning activities end at 3.00 p.m.
- Kindergarten : the learning activity starts at 7.30 a.m. began with reciting Asma’ul Husna, sorogan, hifdzul qur’an, and continued with shalat dhuha. After that, they would have their first snack time (provided by madrasa) and resumed with IPC (International Primary Curriculum) Then, they would have their shalat Dzuhur together and continued with lunch (provided by madrasa). For those who are non-day-care (home time at 12.30 p.m.). For the students enrolled in day-care program, they will continue their activity with napping, taking shower, and after school activities. madrasa will also provide afternoon – snack for them. The home time for day care students is at 4.00 p.m. (maximum time).
- Pre-School : the learning activity starts at 7.30 a.m. and begins with Asma’ul Husna, sorogan, hifdzul qur’an, then continued with salat dhuha. After that, there would be snack time (provided by the madrasa) and resumed with Montessori learning. Then, they would have their lunch at 11.30 a.m. For the students enrolled in day-care program, they will continue their activity with napping, taking shower, and after school activities. madrasa will also provide afternoon – snack for them. The home time for day care students is at 4.00 p.m. (maximum time).
- Question : How is the qualification of the educators in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : Educators in our madrasa have undergraduate (strata 1) education background from various education fields: Islamic studies, Science, Engineering, Psychology, Literature, Pharmacy, Communication, etc. They are required to have competence in writing and reading Al Qur’an, basic understanding of Islam, and good English skill. For the day care program, we have our nursery staffs that are already experienced in this field. We also have kitchen staff (cooks) for serving the food, so we do not utilize any catering service.
- Question : How is the role of parents in the process of education in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : Related to the alignment concept between learning process in madrasa and home, parents need to understand and cooperate to manifest the education goal in Afkaaruna Islamic School. Thus, in the process of enrolment (admission) we always invite parent to an interview in madrasa Every three months, there would be a parents’ meeting (POMG). It functions as one of the ways of communication between parents and room leader to talk about the children’s progress in learning at the Madrasa Parents also have an organisation called PEM (Parents Engagement in madrasa) and it functions as a space for them to communicate between one and another.
- Question : is a new student allowed to enrol in the middle of the semester or is it only in every new academic year?
Answer : students can enrol in the middle of the semester after following a trial class and pass the requirements with one condition; there is an empty slot for the new student. If the result of the trial says that it is possible for the student to join in, the student is allowed to join after taking the interview session and pay the tuition. In contrast, if the student does not pass the trial, we will give some suggestions; what are the aspects needed to improve before entering the madrasa Also, we are going to offer the new student’s admission.
- Question : How if we want to get some information about Afkaaruna Islamic School? What should we do?
Answer : you can visit our website www.afkaaruna.sch.id or facebook page Afkaaruna Islamic School and Instagram @Afkaaruna. You can also propose some questions and send them to our email firstname.lastname@example.org and contact us on 0274-4546885 and our Whatsapp 0822 2351 1916 (Customer Relation Officer)
- Question : Is there any pick up service for students?
Answer : Currently there is a pick-up service in our madrasa, but we only provide it for home time by motorcycle and with the maximum distance 7 km.
- Question : Must the student who want to enrol in Afkaaruna Islamic School have an excellent English skill?
Answer : It is not a must. Student will be able to get used to English as soon as they join Afkaaruna Primary. It might be hard for them at the first time, but parents do not need to worry about this.
- Question : Will the student from Afkaaruna Islamic School automatically continue to the next level of education or he/she needs to re-enrol?
Answer : We apply first comes, first serves sort of services. Students of Afkaaruna Islamic School who want to continue the level of education in Afkaaruna are required to enrol for every unit, and will not be automatically accepted. Thus, the decision is in parents’ hand.
- Question : Can we swap the half-day program into the full day one and vice versa?
Answer : The half day and full day program are applied for one semester. It means that parents are prohibited to swap the program in the middle of the semester, unless there is a certain condition related to the students’ development from the madrasa’s consideration. For the half day students who wants to suddenly change the program will get a charge.
- Question : Is there any memorization target for students?
Answer : There must be a target. However, we would adjust with each student’s ability without any pressure and compulsion.
- Question : what kind of ‘ngaji’ method used in Afkaaruna?
Answer : we use Yanbu’a method for ngaji and synchronized with al-kitabah al Arabiyah and Hifdzul Qur’an.
- Question : are the students allowed to bring toys or food to the madrasa?
Answer : students are not recommended to bring toys to madrasa unless for the learning purpose only. Meanwhile, students are allowed to bring snack or food from home but it shouldn’t contain chocolate and sweets. Students are permitted to bring 2 milk box (maximum amount) every day.
- Question : How if the parents want to ask some questions or give suggestions to the madrasa?
Answer : Our Customer Relation Officer (CRO) will help in answering questions from parents. We suggest to parents who want to propose some questions to directly contact our CRO or the room leaders. Moreover, for common questions like learning process, uniform, or learning schedule can be shared in WhatsApp group provided by the madrasa Our CRO’s office hour starts from 7.00 a.m. until 5.00 p.m. and extra time (7.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m.). In case, there are things need to be discussed, we will offer the best time for us to meet up.
- Question : Is there any outing class activity held by Afkaaruna for every level?
Answer : Yes, there is. We hold an event called outing class conducted twice in each semester.
- Question : Is there any three days program for toddler student and day care?
Answer : No, there isn’t. In our madrasa, we want all new students to follow the admission procedure and there is no single day care program as well as the three days program.
- Question : How can we monitor our child’s activities in every single day?
Answer : There would be a daily report book showing the student’s activities in everyday learning. Besides, in every once a week, educator will share photos of student’s activity in a week.
- Question : Is there any specific language used in madrasa?
Answer : students use English as an everyday language in madrasa Educators will explain and give instruction in English. Specifically, for preschool students, educator will use bilingual (Indonesia and English), while toddler students still use Bahasa Indonesia as it is their mother tongue.
- Question : How if we want to propose a furlough to madrasa?
Answer : Parents can propose a furlough by following the right procedure settled by the Madrasa Before proposing leaving permit, madrasa will invite the parents to discuss about the reason behind the leaving permit and offer solution other than taking a leave.
- Question : is there any madrasa committee in Afkaaruna Islamic School?
Answer : Afkaaruna Islamic School has a Madrasa Committee named PEM (Parents Engangement in Madrasa). PEM is a place for parents to gather and available in each level; PEM of Primary, PEM of Kindy, and PEM of Preschool.
- Question : are students required to wear uniform everyday?
Answer : students are required to wear uniform on Wednesday (sport uniform), Thursday (Batik Uniform), Friday (white uniform). Particularly, for Thursday Pahing, students will wear traditional costume. For everyday outfit, students wear comfortable Muslim’s clothes and are suggested not to wear belted jeans.
Primary Kindy Preschool Monday Red and White Free Free Tuesday Free & Pencak silat uniform Free Free Wednesday Sport Sport Sport Thursday Afkaaruna Batik Afkaaruna Batik Free Friday Scout White Dresscode White Dresscode
- Question : Do students need to bring change clothes everyday?
Answer : yes, they do. Students need to bring change clothes every single day; maximum 2 change clothes. This applies to both half and full day students. It is not recommended to bring more than two change clothes unless there is a certain condition urging them to bring more than two change clothes.
- Question : what are the things needed to bring to madrasa?
Answer : things needed to bring to madrasa are listed below.
- Water bottle
- Change clothes
- Snack (milk (according to the rule))
- Things/toys for news day (based on schedule). Books, crayon, and learning tools are provided by Madrasa
- Praying tools (mukena)
- Lesson books for primary students
- Question : Is there any delay hours for picking up students?
Answer : Delay hours is regulated as below.
- Preschool : the maximum picking up hour is 12.15 p.m., if it is already 12.16 p.m. there would be overtime charge Rp. 10,000,-. When it is over than 12.31 p.m., there would be overtime charge Rp.15,000,- (multiple charge applied).
- Kindergarten : the maximum picking up hour is 13.15 p.m., if it is already 13.16 p.m. there would be overtime charge Rp. 10,000,-. When it is over than 12.31 p.m., there would be overtime charge Rp.15,000,- (multiple charge applied).
- Primary : the maximum picking up hour is 15.15 p.m., if it is already 15.16 p.m. there would be overtime charge Rp. 10,000,-. When it is over than 15.31 p.m., there would be overtime charge Rp.15,000,- (multiple charge applied).
- Question : Could students celebrate their birthday at madrasa?
Answer : If students want to have birthday party at madrasa, parents need to communicate this first with madrasa They are allowed to share foods or gifts by the madrasa’s approval. It is not allowed to bring birthday cake with candles and stuff to madrasa If the implementation is not suitable with the rul